5 Magic Words That Instantly Convert
Tyler Cerny Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Share this page with a friend
There are 5 words that can be used to scientifically persuade and convince others to do something. These words change the meaning, mood, and motivation.
The same words can be effective when it comes to online internet marketing funnels. The words include:
1. Person’s Name: Studies have shown that the person’s name is the most heard word by the human. Since we were born, we hear our name constantly. When we hear or see our name, we instantly turn towards the speaker. Not only does it grab attention but it gives the person a feeling of importance. Remembering someone’s name the second time you meet someone will create instant rapport and allow them to like and trust you on a deeper level. One great way to incorporate this into your funnel is through automated Facebook messenger bots and customized email campaigns addressing your fans/customers by their first name.
2. Imagine: This powerful word instantly transports your reader and sets a visual scene. Imagine yourself traveling the world, working from your laptop, and working less than 10 hours a week making $10K. Let me guess, you instantly thought of yourself somewhere tropical working from a laptop. Imagine is a powerful word that instantly puts the other person in a state of thinking, dreaming, and creativity. Use this template on your sales pages, webinars, and ads, (Ideal Prospect) Imagine (ideal situation, dream, strong desire). Here is a (lead magnet) to show you how.
3. Because: Robert Cialdini and his book Influence, references a study where people are in a rush to use a Xerox machine. Some people ask to cut in line using the word ‘because’ and others do not. Below are the statements used by the participant in the study along with their success rate. "Excuse me, I have 5 pages. May I use the Xerox machine?” (60% success rate) "I have 5 pages. May I use the Xerox machine, because I am in a rush?” (94% success rate) "Excuse me, I have 5 pages. May I use the Xerox machine because I have to make copies?” (93% success rate) As you can see, the word because is very powerful. The third example provided a reason to cut the line to make copies, which is what everyone in line had to do. It didn’t matter because according to Cialdini, "A well-known principle of human behavior says that when we ask someone to do us a favor we will be more successful if we provide a reason. People simply like to have reasons for what they do." Notice that he does not mention a compelling reason. Just a reason. The same goes for your sales funnels, websites, landing pages, and ads. Instead of just asking someone to do something, tell them to do something because it will do XYZ for them.
4. Now: This word automatically puts the reader into an action state. It creates a sense of urgency and requires the reader to take immediate actions. “Now, imagine ……..” “Now is the best time to start an ad agency with over 2.3 billion users on FB.” Call to actions are also great places to include the word now. Join now, call now, sign up now, etc.
5. New Neuroscientists have now determined that the appeal of “new” is hard wired into our brains. The reason being is that when human beings make novel decisions, the brain’s ventral striatum lights up which is associated with rewarding behavior. According to the brain, making a “new” decision is a reward. Dopamine floods the brain during this process making you feel great! Utilize this science by offering “new” products or services that support your brand and values. Your branding and values should relatively stay the same to gain trust, but new product lines are a great way to reward your loyal fans.
More Articles By Tyler Cerny